I don’t know one person who doesn’t like a good ole home-baked loaf of banana bread. You don’t need a fancy mixer for this banana bread recipe since you only need a mixing bowl, a fork and a sturdy spoon to mix the batter and even the amount of sugar is flexible. Here is a recipe by Elise Bauer for a moist and delicious loaf of Banana Bread.
- 2 to 3 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup (76g) butter, unsalted or salted, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if sweeter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (205g) all-purpose flour
How to make Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and butter a 4 x 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. A few dry crumbs are okay; streaks of wet batter are not. If the outside of the loaf is browned but the centre is still wet, loosely tent the loaf with foil and continue baking until the loaf is fully baked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly.) Wrapped well, the banana bread will keep at room temperature for 4 days. For longer storage, refrigerate the loaf for up to 5 days, or freeze it
Enjoy much more than your Banana Bread
We hope you’ve enjoyed EliseBauer’s Banana Bread recipe. We encourage you to try it and let us know what you think about it. A special thanks to Simply Recipes for developing this dish. Check these American Groceries. Make sure you check our blog for more recipes and, why not, follow us on Instagram.